Friday, October 8, 2010

God's Provision

This morning I was reading in Exodus again. This time I was in Chapter 16. It didn’t take long for the Israelites to go from the Song of Moses – praising God – to the grumbling hoard in the middle of nowhere.

They grumbled about bitter water and God provided sweet water. They grumbled about food and God provided heavenly nourishment. They grumbled about amount of water and God provided abundant water.

Amazing grace.

Think about it for a moment. How much manna per day? Two and a half million people were given an omer (roughly two quarts per person) of manna per day. That’s five million quarts or over 208 thousand bushels of food PER DAY. Talk about the abundant blessing of God’s provision and it wasn’t for a day or a week. It was for 12,500 days!

They even got tired of manna and grumbled about eating meat and God provided quail.

WOW.

Thank you Lord for your provision.

Help me Lord not to take your provision for granted.

Open my eyes to see your hand in everything you provide.

Soften my heart to not be hardened with feelings of entitlements but songs of praise.

Give me grace to do what you have called me to do this day with gratitude and thanksgiving.

In Jesus Name I pray.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment