Wednesday, December 1, 2010

When sheep lay down to rest

Over the years, I've learned allot about sheep. Although I've never owned a sheep or belonged to a 4-H club raising sheep or even been around sheep except at a county fair or zoo, I've picked up a few traits of sheep that apply to my own life.

When sheep lay down, they rest and they sleep.  They don't lay down unless a number of things happen ... here's a short list to consider;

  • When the shepherd is present, they feel protected, safe and can lay down.
  • When there is no strife among the sheep, they can lay down.
  • When the irritants of the day like flies and insects subside, they can lay down.
  • When they are fed and watered, they can lay down.
David knew the way of the sheep. He watched them and cared for them.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures; 
He leads me beside quiet waters.


Psalm 23: 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment